The Brooklyn STEAM Center leverages partnerships with leading-edge companies, industry professionals, and postsecondary institutions to develop the program and provide students with authentic exposure to the workplace.
Ways to Partner
Shape the future of the training program by providing your expert opinion.
Host an intern being trained in a career pathway to develop their skills further.
Host Application Form
Design and evaluate a project for student teams that contribute to a real task.
Engage in smaller opportunities, like guest speaking activities.
Our Industry Partners
We are excited about your involvement and look forward to developing a mutually beneficial relationship that provides value to you, your organization, and STEAM students.
Participating companies and industry professionals will have the opportunity to:
- Develop a pipeline of future workers with the requisite skills to be successful;
- Advise STEAM Center on the type of preparation young people should be receiving;
- Strengthen the STEAM community through relationships with staff and students;
- Provide company employees opportunities to volunteer and develop leadership;
- Develop relationships with other businesses at BNY and beyond; and,
- Highlight your organization’s civic contribution to the future of education and the local community.
- Allendale Machinery Systems
- Armada NYC
- B+C Restaurant Group
- Blank Technologies
- Bonbite NYC
- Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams
- Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation
- Brooklyn Workforce Innovations
- Casual Films Inc
- Feirstein Graduate School of Cinema
- Ferra Designs
- FullStack Modular
- FullStack Modular
- Crye Precision
- Hush Studios
- Joshua Sarantitis / Intersection Inc.
- New Lab
- New York City College of Technology
- Odom Telecom Consulting, LLC
- OgoSport, LLC
- Peaceful Warrior Productions
- Picture Farm Production
- Play Pattern LLC
- Plaza Construction
- Pratt Institute
- Reel Works
- Russ and Daughters
- SITU Fabrication
- St. Francis College
- Sweet Generation Bakery | RISE
- The Sodium Ranch, LLC
- Turner Construction Company
- Underground Signs
- Voltaic Systems
- Wegmans Food Markets
At the Brooklyn STEAM Center, we believe that all scholars should have a plan in place for their future. With that mindset, we recommend the “Learn & Earn” model where scholars continue their education and put their skills to work. In collaboration with our college partners, we are able to support the continuing education efforts of our scholars, where they can take advantage of priority admissions, prior learning credit, and advanced standing. We invite postsecondary institutions to join our collaborative to support the pipeline for our scholars.
Industry Workplace Learning
As Career & Technical Education programs, we have a vested interest in the readiness of real-world practices. In addition to our advisory council that provides direction and support related to our curriculum, our industry partners are instrumental in offering engaging opportunities for scholars to experience the workplace. These experiences include workplace challenges, career counseling, and internships. We invite industry partners to get connected, at any level, to meet and work with our young people to develop their professional and trade-specific skills.